Saturday, July 25, 2009

Progress!

We are making some headway now. My uncle has pretty much agreed to construct it. He is pretty excited about the whole concept, and thinks it will be downright fun to build. His business is booked solid through the end of August, so he is planning to do it in his spare time as a fun build.

I sent over the Sonoma Shanty plans, which I purchased last night. I was a little disappointed to find out after the fact that the plans are only for the 8x16 model, and not the 8x20. However, I went ahead and sent them to my uncle anyway to see if he can work with them despite the discrepancy.

I am also inquiring about whether or not we can add dormer windows throughout the roof to give it a lot more head space in the loft and a more open and lighter feel in the main living space.

I have been looking around for a new trailer, because my uncle seems to think it is important to start with a new trailer that we can trust. I think it MIGHT be possible for us to just get a used one that is in good condition, but I have to admit I do not know how to recognize a quality buy.

If anyone out there in tiny-land has any suggestions regarding buying used versus new for the trailer, I am all ears.

1 comment: